Saturday, March 22, 2014

Daddy's Girl :)

If you are ever alone or blue, remember Daddy I love you!
No words can describe how grateful I am, ‘cause you are a tree and I am your stem
In case you are wondering, today is not a special day. Just wanted to say I miss you in a special way
In all the ways you care for me, I am a daddy's girl and so I am proud to be
I may never be able to take care like you do. But I promise – I will always be there for you
You have always let me dream and fly. Taught me to never quit and just try
Whenever I would make a mistake, you have shown me the lessons I could take.
"Don’t worry until it is a matter of life and death!” is what you said, and it now is the inspiration for my breath
We have had our differences and fights; I guess that’s all a part of any relationship, right?
The way you get emotional when you attend my friend’s wedding, the way you get excited to know where my life is heading
The way you brag about me in front of your friends; your simplicity and cute fashion trends
Whenever I think of you I remember, your hugs and words of care. Whenever I need you, you have managed to be there.
That pulling my leg like a brother, being my partner in crime to escape from mother
It’s only your encouragement that has got me here. Although a part of me still wishes to be there
It’s only when you grow up; you realize the value of family. Even though I am away dad, but miss you everyday fondly.
You have been a father, critic, inspiration and a real good friend. So many relationships in one fine blend.
Thank you papa for being so kind. This type of unconditional love is very rare to find.
Now it’s your turn to relax and slow down, I will take care of you and never let you frown!!
Love you :)

2 comments:

  1. Superliked it Heena (Y) Simply awesome .. I'd recommend this to everyone....Amar

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem is indeed good. What's good about is its simplicity in words, flow and meaning (conveying it!). At two places the rhymes are not rhyming (am - stem and family - fondly). Try to match the lines in length (time) so that the rhyming would work more rythmically. In my opinion, your poem, owing to its simplicity of construction, lacks a bit of musical quality (which, again in my opinion, every poem should have!). I'd also like to request you to consider your metaphor of tree and stem (stem supports a tree, right? I think your dad as a stem and you as a tree would be more apt?) I wish to be constructive, hope I am! [By the way, I got here from Quora, will put the same critic there also! If you want I'll remove it from there...]

    Do keep writing, one thing very awesome about your poem is the inspiration and involvement you've got in your chosen theme, do choose such themes and write... Best wishes! (Kindly, don't expect me to be a great poet :-) ha ha)

    ReplyDelete